The collaboration will be led by an executive committee comprising:
Information technology lead
Higher and core trainee representatives
Four consultant advisors
The executive committee is supported by:– Consultant Trust facilitators from each of the hospital trusts within the region– Trainee Trust leads from each of the hospital trusts within the region
Each project will have a study team associated with it and the specific roles of each member are detailed in this section.
Regional Project Lead(s)
This is defined as the individual(s) who is/are responsible for the design and inception of the study. The role will usually (but not exclusively) involve:
– Devising the Research and Development proposal and trial protocol
– Applying for research grants if required
– Seeking ethics committee approval for the project where necessary
– Managing and co-ordinating the conduct of the study across the region
– Collating and analysing the study data
– Presenting the data at a local, regional, national and/or international level
– Submitting any resulting articles for publication
Local Trust Project Lead(s)
This is defined as the individual(s) who is/are responsible for the management of the regional project at a local trust level. The role will usually (but not exclusively) involve:
– Liaising with the local Research and Development department
– Liaising with the local Clinical Governance department
– Co-ordinating with the Regional Project Lead(s) to refine research protocols and data collection forms
– Advertising projects at the local trust level
– Co-ordinating and managing the team of SEARCH trainees for patient recruitment and data collection, and keeping a record of any contributors and their roles.
– Presenting the data and results at a local level
Local Trust Project Investigator
This is defined as a SEARCH individual who is not involved in long-term local project management (as outlined above), but is significantly involved in the study, above and beyond data collection. This role will usually involve:
– Leading a team of Local Trust Project Contributors for individual days of a project
– Making an extensive contribution to patient consent, recruitment and/or data collection
Local Trust Project Contributor
This is defined as any individual who is involved with patient recruitment and/or data collection, whether a member of SEARCH or not.
This is an edited version of the constitution. For full details, please email firstname.lastname@example.org to ask for a full copy.